Skip to main content

A Woman In Man's World

I was born a woman in a man’s world. But for him, I was not an ordinary woman… I was different.
That day when I opened my eyes, his was the first, or perhaps the second, face – I don’t exactly remember – that flashed in front of my eyes. For him, it was love at first sight and the moment he held me in his arms, he gave away his heart to me. I was in such a trance-like state that I could not fathom what was happening around me. But as the time passed, his pure, holy love for me, melted my heart.
Within no time, I became his sweetheart, his life. Even the love of his life, his beautiful wife, could not match the spell that I cast on him. Seeing the intensity of his love for me, she never dared to step into our privacy.
As years went by, his love for me kept on changing forms. Sometimes he was my friend, at others he was my mentor, my idol. He helped me solve all my “problems”, but most of our time together was spent fighting over silly things. Not even a single peaceful day passed among the two of us. But his love for me endured it all. And I became the centre of his life as he my lifeline.
One day when he had to go out of the town for some work, I fell ill. No medicine could bring my rising temperature down. Everybody around me was tense, thinking what to do. Two days later, when he came back to me, he did the magic. It seemed that seeing him around was enough for my fever to subside and I instantly became as playful as ever. This was the intensity of our love.
He was my first love, the first man of my life – my father, and I was his Nikki – which in Punjabi means little – his little princess. Though this name vanished along with him, but his love in my heart will always keep me going. Love you papa!

Comments

  1. children know their papa... touching piece, Charu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) but it still could not match the intensity of our relationship

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are right. that is one reason i hesitate to write about my father. we had a silently deep bond; could even read each other's mind. he died in 1981, when I was 25. i will try writing one day when i feel sure i can present him without being emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing.. writing about your dad can be tough.. n m glad to read ur wonderful post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh god how could I miss this peice.. I was out of touch when you wrote this I'm sure you remember.

    The peice is amazing and very well written. I know how much you miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) thanx Kalpana... actually i had written this for my official blog but somehow it didn't workout so i posted here...

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful... very well expressed. I can relate to every word and emotion. Touchwood for a relationship that survives time and surpasses the necessity of physical presence.

    love u daughter

    Love,
    a daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. want you to read the last blog here... http://thoughtsattwilight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. :) No one else can understand these feelings better than u... my soul sister :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Long Shot

Meek, timid and lonely soul I, Speck, take the sidewalk in the world of words Boisterous, Gigantic words push and shove me On the road less travelled I bump into a group of meaningless wanderers And turn Spectacular

Missing?

I have been drinking every drop of it Bitter, sweet life makes me yearn for more I am enjoying every sip of it But something is missing Is it you?

Long Night

On an unknown road, in a moonless night I start for home Not sure of reaching my destination As death haunts the place I shudder with fear of unknown But for the light of love I am engulfed in darkness My guiding voice inspires me, Shows me the right way, Makes sure I'm safe And then... It's time to bid good night!